- In peaceful and family friendly surroundings in Nordland county, on the eastside of the Vestfjord, between Fauske and Narvik.
- By main road 81, 15 km. from the E6 between Ulvsvaag and Skutvik, and the Lofotferry
- Nearby Oppeid, the municipal centre of Hamaroy.
- 100 m from the Knut Hamsun-Centre - developed by star architect Steven Holl
- Within walking distance you will find a grocery store, a bank, a post-office, Hamaroy Guesthouse, a gym, a surgery, museums, a bus-stop and the local high-school.
- 6 km. from the Hamsun museum (Knut Hamsuns childhood home).
- 20 km. from Skutvik (the Lofotferry).
- In less than 2,5 hours you can reach Narvik, Fauske, Harstad, Lofoten, Vesteraalen, Steigen and Tysfjord.
|Narvik||115 km||Railway station, bus, and airport|
|Evenes||95 km||Bus and airport|
|Fauske||160 km||Railway station and bus|
|Bodø||220 km||Railway station, ferry, bus, and airport|
GPS coordinates: N 86° 4,653 E 15° 36,037